Operating on the principle that the more you give, the more you get in return, I’m going to divulge
my secret research weapon a great tip:
The AddALL site aggregates listings from amazon, abebooks, choosebooks, and many other sellers. You can search for new or used books, and easily compare various sellers’ prices–they’re all listed on a single page. Just a few features that make it great:
- The results page shows what country each vendor is in
- You can choose what currency the price is displayed in
- You can sort the results page by price, ascending or descending
- For used books, the results page shows detailed information about the condition of the book (to the extent the seller provides this info)
- If your search yields too many results, you can quickly weed out what you don’t want by choosing terms to exclude, or, if you see the title you want, clicking “match this title” to immediately exclude everything else
From AddALL, you click on the title of the book you’re interested in to purchase it directly from the seller’s site.
I use this site almost every day to check prices on books, usually pretty obscure ones, and I’ve rarely come up empty-handed.